Sunday, October 7, 2012

Softball

Our 2012 HYAL Fall Ball season is winding down. We only have a few games left. I must say, as much as I enjoyed coaching a team, I also like being an assistant coach. It gives me more time to focus on Baileigh as well as coach the other girls.

I have noticed improvements with every girl. They are getting hits and making great plays in the field. In fact, in our game Friday night we had a double play! The bases were loaded a pop up was hit to our pitcher and she caught it! Meanwhile, the girl on third crossed the plate and the girl on second was on third. I was coaching from the third base side so I started yelling to Anna, the pitcher, to 'throw the ball to third'. She did and Jenna, third base girl, caught the ball but didn't do anything. I had to yell to her to 'step on the base', which she did.

After the inning, Jenna asks me 'Did I get that girl out?' I replied, 'Yes! It was a double play!' She said, 'oh'. Then headed to the dugout. LOL

We still need to work on a few things but all in all they are doing great! I am proud of all the girls, especially Baileigh! She is getting better every game and she always tells me how much she loves softball. I hope she keeps playing.


No comments: