Thursday, February 5, 2009

Say Thank You....it's not that hard.

I wish I had a nickle for every time I opened or held open a door for someone and they don't say "Thank you". I think that is one of the rudest things you could do. Are we all in that much of a hurry that we can't take a second to say thank you? Or is it just that people these days are rude and only out for themselves? I was raised to always say "Please" and "Thank you". I instill the same in my daughter. She may only be 4 but she has very good manners.

Another thing that irritates the hell out of me is when I am driving and let another driver go and they do not show any courtesy. They just go on their merry way as if it was my duty to let them go. It is so easy to just put your hand up and give it little "thank you wave". In my development the streets are narrow and there is parking on both sides. I have a pick-up truck so naturally me and a car can't pass at the same time. More than not I pull over and let the other person go and 3 out of 5 times no thank you. What's even worse than that, they speed up to try and beat me through. That pisses me off because there are a lot of kids in the area and a school right on said street.

I guess everybody is too wrapped up in their own little world that they can't take the time out to be courteous. I guess I expect too much of people.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wrapped up in their own little world? huh?

thank you for this awesome blog