Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Bring on the Spring

With the few warm days we had last week and the mild weather this past weekend, I can't wait for spring. End of March should bring back the stripers. Opening day is less than 2 months away. Opening day of trout fishing that is. And spring turkey hunting is coming up. Not to mention the "other" opening day.

This March my friend and I are going to try our hand at Muskellunge (Musky) fishing. We are going to Monksville Reservoir in Long Pond Ironworks State Park, located in Hewitt, NJ. I have been there numerous times for bass fishing but never for Muskies. I have even gone ice fishing there. But I think my ice fishing days are over. I have always heard that Muskies are "the fish of a thousand casts". Do to the fact that they are very lure shy and it is hard to catch them. I guess I'll soon find out. Of course, if I get any I will post pictures here. Stay tuned....

No comments: